Monday, December 30, 2013

I Do Declare!

I have spent the better part of the past 2 months thinking about how I wanted to change my life in 2014.  Like thousands, more likely millions of other people, I have made some very definite decisions about the direction I would like my life to take.  Unlike millions of other people I am not calling my decisions New Year's resolutions.  For my purposes declarations seem more appropriate.

Yesterday, the student ministries pastor gave our Sunday sermon.  To my disappointment he began his sermon with statistics on the failure rates of New Year's resolutions.  I immediately thought to myself, "I am doomed before I even begin".   I believe our pastor's sermon was intentionally negative.  Resolutions without support, especially, of our Lord and Savior are likely to fail.  "Hmmm", I thought to myself, this needs more thought and a lot more prayer.

So with careful thought and prayer I have come up with my declarations.  I have decided that in place of New Year's resolutions I will make "public" New Year's declarations through my blog.  By making my declarations for the world to see, or the 5 or so people who read this blog, I am accountable to my God and those people who read about my life.  I will no longer have the luxury of cheating myself out of positive changes.

After a lot of soul searching, I have decided that the items on the following list are the areas that I would most like to change in 2014 and beyond.  If there are those of you who would like to join me on this journey please feel free to let me know.  Here it goes:

1.  I need to completely change the way I eat.  One would never know that I "minored" in nutrition.  I need to set a better example for my girls.  My youngest daughter would greatly benefit from an organic/non-processed food diet.

2.  I need to move my body more.  I have spent the last 7 years dealing with chronic pain.  I would like to do all I can to lessen the strain on my body before I hit the big 50 (in 5 years).

3.  Spend more time in prayer and in the Word.  Enough said!


4.  Be a better wife, mother, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment