Monday, December 16, 2013

Is There An IT Man In The House

I am the luckiest woman in the world.  In the husband department, you can say I won the "Mega Millions".  My husband will do absolutely anything for me.  As Dr. Laura, the conservative radio talk show host says, "he would swim through shark infested waters for me".  There is usually only one thing I can never get him to do, it's look at my computer.

There really isn't any reason why Claus can't look at my computer, at least I know of.  You see, my husband Claus is very knowledgeable about computers.  He is a Senior Software Architect for a major pharmaceutical company.  Claus has worked for the same company for almost 20 years, he is very good at what he does.

I have not been able to figure out what his hesitation is with working on our home computers. I don't think my daughter and I have unusually difficult questions.  When he does take a look at our laptops, it almost always takes just a few minutes to fix our problems.  We also don't bother Claus very much with computer problems, just when we are in over our heads.

This evening, before I started to write this blog, I found myself stuck on an issue I could not fix.  I was determined to not to ask my husband to help me with my problem.  I knew he was already working on our daughter's computer.  After about an hour of searching for an answer I was beyond frustrated.  Not only could I not find an answer to my question, I could not find an e-mail address or phone number to technical support.  I was really irritated.

Just when I reached my absolute point of frustration I found my answer, or so I think.  The answer looks perfectly plausible, at least in my mind anyway. Finally,  I did not have to ask my husband the answer to my question.  I felt pretty good being able to handle myself and my computer question like a "big girl".  


Tomorrow will be the true test of wether or not my fix worked.  So for tonight I can go to bed with the satisfaction of knowing I did something on my own.  I also feel good because I did not have to add to my husband's to do list.  Claus had to go through and do 122 updates on my daughter's laptop.  No wonder he want's to turn and run every time we have a computer question.

No comments:

Post a Comment