Wednesday, April 23, 2014

TGI…..Today

Today started out as one of "those" days.  A day when everything seemed to go wrong before I 8AM.  Before I gave my life to Christ a day that started out this badly would only proceed to get worse.  Once my attitude was soured it was wise to avoid me for the rest of the day.  My oldest daughter used to asked me:  "Mamma, did you have your coffee today?"  "You seem awfully grumpy!"

Thankfully, Christ has been instrumental in changing my life.  He has placed wonderful churches, pastors, and Godly women in my path. Several years ago I was fortunate to have attended a bible study class on a book written by the Christian author, Max Lucado.  The name of the book is "Everyday Deserves a Chance".  

This book taught me that every day has the potential to be great.  No problem, issue, or embarrassment, should be given the power to ruin an entire day.  I learned that it was and is possible have a do-over any day of the week.  Almost no problem was big enough to ruin my day.

So, is it really possible to turn your day around?  My unequivocal answer is "yes"!  Psalm 118:24 tells us that "This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."  Each and every time I feel as if I am falling into a pit of  self doubt, self pitty, or down right anger I reflect on those words.  Psalm 118:24 reminds to think about the glories of God's creation.

Today was a day that I needed to think of Psalm 118:24 and the words of Max Lucado over and over again.  I had many reasons to give up on my day:  a child who felt the need to hide so long I was ready to phone the police, this incident lasted so long I left my house 30 minutes later than expected, I drove and hour to a doctor's office who refused to see me because I was late, all before 10:30AM.


After my doctor refused to see me I had a choice to make.  Be unhappy and pout the rest of the day or be happy and enjoy the sites and quiet time I had in the car.  I took the high rode and enjoyed my ride while doing the rest of errands.  I even stopped to take some pictures of God's glorious works.  This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment