Wednesday, October 23, 2013

How Far Wrong Can "We" Go?

As I watched the national news tonight I realized that each story was worse than the next.  Our government is failing us, its citizens, on multiple fronts.  There are children murdering children and teachers in the one place they should be safe, school.   Lastly, our highest level government officials have been busy alienating other political allies by playing “we spy”.

When the news ended I realized that I was happy that my girls were not there to see what I had just watched.  What examples could they glean from watching any of the stories I mentioned above.  Hmmm, let's see what I could say about the current presidential administration.  For one, is it OK to do a poor job?  Is it OK to take on a major task and fail on a grand scale. Is it OK to deceive trusted friends and hope it goes unnoticed?

I had to ask myself: “When did our children become so violent?”  As a homeschooling mother I can safely say, no pun intended, that I will never place my children in public school.  How have we failed our children, collectively, to a degree that they feel homicidal violence is the only answer?  On this point I feel I have some insight.  "We" as a people have lost our moral compass and compassion.  The words, Christ and Christian, are like nails on a chalk board, no one wants to hear them.  The world does not need religion, it needs faith.  We need to return the basic values set forth by Jesus Christ.

At what point in time do “we” say enough is enough?  When will the people of this country be shocked into change.  The farther we move away from the teachings of Christ the more we have to loose.  I remember a time when children went to school and did not worry about coming home.  I remember a time when politicians actually got things accomplished.  I remember a time when Christ was not being pushed out of our society.


For now I will let my girls watch the news.  My husband and I will do our best to explain why the government can make major mistakes and keep their jobs.  We will try to explain why children are killing other children or their teachers.  I am praying for the day that change will take hold.  Will you pray for that day too?


No comments:

Post a Comment